BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, January 13, 2008

i love....

MY BOYS



"Maahder, youre my best friend EVER!" thats what Shamarr tells me on a regular basis and it warms my heart. My boys are my joy and i know i express this a lot, but it was *and is* my love for them that keeps me sane these days. Times when i thought their dad and i were not going to make it, it was Shamarrs everlasting smile and strong, comical personality that kept me smiling. The fact that id get to experience another strong personality created by K.D and i grow and become a hilarious amazing little boy kept my hopes up as well as my strength. Braylon is growing more and more beautiful each and every day *ill get new pics for y'all soon..ma' damn battery died!! and its a rather expensive battery,so bare with, kay??* He is smiling and cooing and just warming my heart day by day. What really makes me feel good is that he recognizes my singing voice and when he gets a bit fussy i sing "Ribbon In the Sky" to him while playing it softly and shortly after hes asleep. My God the boy is already 10 lbs 8 oz of chubby cuteness!! He just turned 1 mth on Thursday..my fatboy..lol. Each day my love for these 2 grows stronger and i am ready to get moving on the things i need to do for them.
They are my joy.






MUSIC

An 8 yr old little girl at her karaoke machine grabs a recording tape,presses record on one side and play on the other. The side she presses "play" on softly plays "I Will Always Love You" by Whitney Houston *one of her many idols*. She puts the microphone up to her mouth and begins to sing along with Ms Houston, the feeling coming through this 8 yr old is unexplainable its a feeling she loves to feel, she is doing what she loves to do, bonding with music. She turns the playing tape over and begins to sing "Yes Jesus Loves Me". Shes alone in her element that is her bedroom singing her little heart out. Shes content, she feels good...but..shes deathly shy to do this anywhere else besides her bedroom so there she remains for years singing alone to her audience of stuffed animals and sometimes her little brother.
That little girl is obviously me and i still have that tape. Ive had a strong love for music since i can remember, my mother says since i was able to talk ive always loved music and would sing every song possible for my little mouth to sing.
Music has played a major role in my life, anything i was going through id have a song to express it and id feel a weight lifted off my chest.
First heartbreak?? Aretha healed that.
Having a bad day?? Stevie would lift my spirits.
Anything else?? Too many to name would heal the emotion roaming through my body.
I wish i could name each and every person who has influenced me musically but i would be here for hours trying to make sure i didnt leave anyone out.
Lately i havent been hiding my experiencing all kinds of new music and new artists..im prod of that, i used to be around people that wouldnt understand it and would most likely make fun of me..so id keep my love for alternative and SOME country to my self.
I adore music and i wish i wasnt so afraid of what God has given me..singing is a drug to me..if i go days without singing SOMETHING..ANYTHING i feel a sense of withdrawl and i HAVE to have an alone moment to sing. Its weird i know but its ME and its what music does to me.


K.D.




Its going on 5 yrs and i still find myself questioning why he loves me and deals with the many ups and downs that have created the makings of me.
He is this cool calm guy that doesnt say much but when he DOES say something it usually holds some weight to it. It takes alot to get a rise out of him and im usually the one that gets that rise *not THAT one!!* out of him. I hate him and i love him. He tells me the truth about me and has made me crack myself open and take a deeper look more than once. Hes an observer and he has damn sure observed this spoiled and at times selfish brat. He can be immature but lately hes been doing a good job of working on that. Hes responsible and shows me that i waste money and that i dont NEED those hot ass shoes i saw the other day *lol* He has potential to be great if only he'd have faith in himself and the plan God has for him *i do my best to encourage him and help he realize he IS talented at whatever he does*. He has made me realize love again, im a girl with "daddy issues" and in him i found that i have it in me to love and be loved. He has "mommy issues" and i hope i have showed him what love is. I know i have bad talked him and probably made him sound worse than he is but i feel like he and i are finally growing up and truly learning about the other in ways we didnt try because we were too busy protecting our hearts.
Cant wait til you get here baby.

LYNN




Wow..10 yrs, 1 falling out and we are still here by eachother side regardless of what. I am soo thankful for your friendship and i feel so good that i can ACTUALLY say that with the confidence that you feel the same. It took me a long time to truly believe you were my true friend and had my best interest at heart because of how many times ive been hurt and let down by "so-called friends". Youve let me down ONCE and you NEVER did it again. You know me like no other and it sometimes scares me because,once again, it lets me know you are truly here for me and our friendship. I can honestly say you are up there with my family and K.D I love you dearly Friend, Sister rather. I laugh from the heart with you, there is never anything phony coming from us. I am Alyse with you, I sing in front of you and you KNOW thats major *lol*. I value what we share and know that the truth will always flow my mouth when you ask..shit..even when you dont. Youre a survivor and someone i admire,you need to know that i you are strong and beautiful and can perceiver through whatever God throws your way.
I'll always have your back.
Love you Sis.

And last but truly not least...




MOMMY
(YOU ARE GOING TO KILL ME FOR THIS FLICK BUT..)





My backbone through every last thing i do. i am so taken by your strength, you are what i aspire to be. Goal orientated, strong mind, sensitive to others, so caring, generous.. a few things i am not at times. I look at what youve been through and see i can achieve anything. Im proud of you and i love you more than words can say. You deserve happiness and i hope youve found it where you are. i cant say it enough.. I Love You Mommy!! I look at those who didnt have their mothers when they needed them and i am thankful even more for you. For all the selfless things you do God has something major in the works for you lady..trust in that.
I Love You!!


***There is much more i love and am thankful for but right now..at this very moment..thats what is standing out in my mind***

peace y'all....




(ALYSE)

7 People Had To Say....:

Tom_Gurl said...

*Wipes tear* I love this....you are surrounded by love, and the love you give is being given to people that have major impacts in your life! I love this :)

*roll on with the new pics already..??* :)

Don said...

Damn good pictures and post. This is what it's all about.

Miss the ish out of my daughters. Oh well, I love the way you embrace whats yours. Something graceful about the picture of your sons.

KD is Warren G?

Background music is the bomb song.

Jazzy said...

You're looking fierce in that final pic! KD looks like Tupac to me and the boys are just adorable.

I love to sing too. I wont be getting any record deals anytime soon but err ummm...music is how I wake up, what I listen to on the commute to work, how I get through the day at work, helps me cook and clean...I couldn't function without it! So I feel ya!

Ms.Lady said...

T.G- love is awesome right?? lol...my family is my world.

Don- im hoping you get to see your babies as much as you want soon man...that kills me when you mention how much you miss them *they are cuties by the way*n ive said this before, a man that WANTS to see their children will be denied but the man that could care less gets harassed *sigh* what are the odds eh??
Warren G huh?? thats new..he usually gets DMX and Marques Housten..lol.

O.D *snaps* *in my best flamboyantly gay voice* thanx guuurrll!!!

Tupac?? thats new too.

Like i say and will always say,music is for the soul,it has no color,its an amazing art form,you feel music, everyone has a bond with music.

Miss Snarky Pants said...

That was a great post Ms. Lady.
You've obviously got lots to be thankful for!! :-)

I absolutely love that pic of the boys [Shamarr is doting over his little brother and they are both adorable.]

May you continue to be blessed.

Tenacious said...

this was a really sweet post, your boys are so cute!! you truly are blessed:)

@ Ms. Lady

Girl it seems like at least someone is going through this same situation...only mine is indeed temp.

Now come on Ms. Lady do you really think Ima let one of the fly friends I secretly see as competition in the crib?!

Eb the Celeb said...

nice pics... i want boys... i cant deal with no little girls