BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, February 1, 2008

Made A Wrong Turn



Ok. Im supposed to be doing my FAFSA forms for school *got it open in another tab* and Im listening to Erykah Badu's Mama's Gun *shout out to Don for reminding me of the HOTNESS that is this album* and I realize that "Didnt Cha Know" is RIGHT where my soul is right now! I was like wait....play that one mo' time leese and LISTEN to what she is saying. And I said to myself, Im sooo feeling like I made a wrong turn in my life right now. A turn that seemed wrong and at the same time was very good for my spirit.
I feel a new me has arrived

A more mature me

I like this ME because she's patient and knows what life has to offer.
Shes focused on the important things in life
She's signed up for school!!! Yesss!!! Finally!!!
Im realizing what it is I have to do and I love it!

But...

The wrong turn was coming here with the notion that my life and the kids lives would be better off.
When I finally woke up out my "self revelation" doze, I looked around me and saw that if you already have the financial backing and/or have dream for something artistic or even business wise,other than that..Atlanta is NOT for YOU *I fall into OTHER*
I looked into the education and I see that they hold their students back.
Now Im not one to gloat, but, my son is very sharp at the age of 3, people dont believe me when I say he is 3 yrs old b/c he can hold a full conversation with you and a few days later remember that EXACT conversation, sh*t he'll tell you something you said and you have no recollection of it at all. Boy'll have you going "Ooooh, I DID say that huh?"
Anyways, I found out that some counties start their children in pre-K at the age of 5 YEARS OLD!!
ARE YOU SH*TTIN' ME?!?!
5 YEARS OLD?!?!
My son can start Kindergarten NOW!! And pass with FLYIN' FUGGIN COLORS!!!
That right there was enough for me to go home, pack my ish and be on the NEXT THANG SMOKIN' back to Ct.
I even looked at the tallying of education all over America and Georgia is quite low.
I cant do that to my babies, if Shamarr is this smart now, imagine what when he gets older AND what I'll go through with Braylon.
That just makes me sick to my stomach, it makes me feel Georgia WANTS people to NOT succeed so they ENSURE your lack of development.
Now, thats not to say that the people here are dumb, thats not where Im leading this post AT ALL.
Its to say that Georgia is not what it used to be.
Its for folk that want to party away and for folk that have the duckets to do what they please.
So if you are well off and love ATL by all means, do you.
As for me??
Im headed back North.

Lata Lovelys!!


****Sidebar these are MY thoughts in MY blog..you Georgia bred?? you dont like it?? THEN JUST BEAT IT BEAT BEAT IT BEAT IT!! Aight?? Aight****

8 People Had To Say....:

Eb the Celeb said...

girl you better take care of them fafsa form... letting crazy don get you off focus...LOL

Ms.Lady said...

lol..i know right..thats my boy though.

MsFreshBananaPuddin said...

Damn, you just reinstated that stereotype about southern people. Stay focused mamas and when your son gets older keep him motivated and on the right path…

Tom_Gurl said...

So does this mean you're going back home?

Do what you gotta do for you and your fam girl...!

Miss Snarky Pants said...

Make it happen Ms. Lady...

You owe it to yourself AND your little boys.

Here's wishin' you all the very best!!

Ms.Lady said...

@ T.G- yes..thats the goal for the next 5 mth or so.

@ Ms.B- Thanx gurl! I cant wait.. I miss the NORTH!!! MY HOME SWEET HOME!! NO TAXES ON CLOTHES AND FOOD!!!

Jazzy said...

Girl change counties. One of my best friend is a teacher in GA and so is my cousin. Not all of the school districts are the same.

When my friend Serena moved to NY, her daughter was the smartest girl in her class, yet she tested below average in a GA school because their county has one of the best schools. It really just depends where you are.

I have to say though...almost all of my NY friends who moved to GA are questioning the move and thinking about coming back to NY. The salary there SUCKS!!!

Ms.Lady said...

Thats a huge part of my problem as well *the pay*
Another...my mom isnt moving here and ima mama's gurl..I caint live THAT far from her!!!